Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Our Little Missionary

Rhett doesn't know it yet, but he is going to become a little missionary to pediatricians, cardiologists, friends and family.  Through his testimony, these people will see a miracle.  I believe it.  

Let me just start by saying that it is taking everything within me to not be angry, emotional and devastated.  Even though I am typing with tears pouring out of my eyes, I know that I know that my child is in the hands of the most amazing creator, healer, author and finisher.  I know that He is hearing our prayers, increasing our faith and touching Rhett's heart.  I know that Rhett will be healed.  I know it.

  I know that God does not waste our pain and He has the amazing ability to turn our pain into purpose.

That being said, our appointment at the Cardiologist was not wonderful this afternoon.  I know that they have to tell you all of the relevant information and some worst case stuff, but sheesh.  

Rhett's cardiologist, Dr. L, reviewed his echo, his chest x-ray and and EKG that they did on him today.  She said that his heart is very large on the left side and that is concerning.  She said that there was a lot of blood leaking.  She also said that looking directly above the mitral valve to see where it is leaking, there are more concerns.  Most of the time they can pinpoint a leak in a certain area of the valve, but his appears to be a broad-band leak across the entire valve.  This could mean that the valve itself is broken or not working properly.  She felt it very unlikely that this stemmed from his Kawasaki Disease, but she didn't rule it out.  

He will have another Echo in four weeks to see if the leak looks the same or worse.  If it is either of these things they will put him on some sort of blood pressure medication to do something or other (I can't remember).  It will not fix the leaking or the valve, but it will do something:).  After that, the size of his heart and leakage will be monitored to see if something more immediate needs to be done.  Mostly repair or replacement of the valve.  

There was mention of some awful things that I refuse to talk about or let get into my head and thought process.  In Jesus' name, I believe that Rhett is healed.  I refuse to believe the lie of fear!  

 during his EKG today

Specific prayer requests:

For his mitral valve to work properly, for it to pump the right amount of blood where it is supposed to go.

That the size of his heart would be normalized and corrected. 

For his overall health and protection through all of this.

The words of this song continue to play in my mind and they have been encouraging to me this past week.  It is based on Mark 4:37-41...

You faught
but you were just too weak
so you lost
all the things you try to keep
now you're on your knees, you're on your knees

But wait,
everything can change,
in a moments time you don't have to be afraid,
cause fear is just a lie
open up your eyes

And he'll break
open the skies to save
those who cry out his name
the One the wind and waves obey
is strong enough to save you

Look
now is not too late
lift up your head
let the rain fall on your face
youre not far from grace, your not too far from grace

And he'll break
open the skies to save
those who cry out his name
the One the wind and waves obey
is strong enough to save you

I know the weight of this world can take you down like gravity and I know the current of yourself can take you out, out to sea but hold on, hold on

And he'll break
open the skies to save
those who cry out his name
the One the wind and waves obey
is strong enough to save you

I just cannot thank you enough for praying!  We have received so many emails, calls and texts letting us know that family, friends and strangers all over the country are praying for our sweet Rhett.  We are so very thankful and blessed to be so covered in prayer.  

Stay tuned for Rhett's miracle!  

Blessings to you all!  

Sarah 

5 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Sorry, Sarah, for the rough day. Rhett is in all of my prayers! Have you read Heaven is For Real? I am reading it right now and think one of the main messages of the book is so relevant - that God hears all of our prayers and especially loves children and hears their innocent prayers. I know Rhett has an angel looking out for him!

Alie said...

Kyle told me last week that Max has been praying for his little buddy Rhett every night. He will be healed!

My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to PROSPER you, and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE."

The Lord has a prosperous, hope-filled, and amazing future already planned for Rhett.

Much love from our family to yours.

Sharstin said...

sarah--first of all you are one amazing mom, and will be praying for Rhett--{thinking of you and yours}~

Megan B said...

Andy and I are thinking of you guys constantly! Out hearts are breaking with this news but you are right - Rhett will be healed! I also know writing about can be hard but we appreciate the updates!!

Joni said...

We are praying Sarah! We are so thankful that we believe in a God that heals!! We claim healing for Rhett right now, in the name of Jesus!