Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All things girly.

Well, I'm officially 6 months pregnant today!  It's hard to believe that she'll be here in less time than I've been pregnant so far.  Not that those first few months were super easy, time just goes so fast when you are caring for other kids and don't have a lot of down time.

I don't know that I mentioned on here that at my 22 week checkup she was 11 inches long and 1.1 pounds!  Somehow I have managed to gain more than 1.1 lbs:).  I have been trying to stay as active as possible.  It's just so hot out and my walks are getting slower and slower.  I try to either walk or swim laps most days, but some days I'm just too wiped.  I wish my boys took naps.  When I was pregnant with Rhett, Jude and I would take a 2 hour nap every day.  Those days are gone.

The nursery is pretty much done.  I'm still waiting on a few key pieces to pull it all together, but I'm relieved to have things in her room,  painted and on the walls.   Any suggestions on hardware for this dresser?



I've gone back and forth and have been to the store 98 times trying to find what I'm looking for, but it's hard when you don't know just what you are looking for:).


How about bedding?



My first instinct is to keep is simple, but I don't have any color on this side of the room, so maybe some patterned something or other?  Hmmm, such hard choices.  I'm also loving cribs sans the crib skirts lately, so I'm torn on what to do there as well.  Let me know if you have any suggestions.  This room is a mish mash of styles, so anything goes, really.  I'm hoping the curtains will bring some more girly to her room.  So far I have not gone above and beyond in my decorating to make this space very girly as I had planned.  Hopefully it will come together in the end.  Fingers crossed.

Hattie has been moving a lot lately, mostly at night when I'm off of my feet, but I also feel her when we are out and about.  I felt her moving while I was swimming this morning, and it was fun to think she was also enjoying all of the stretching and moving we were doing.

I have been hearing all sorts of cute names lately.  Sometimes I second guess our choice, you know, since Tori Spelling has a kid named Hattie I just want to eliminate all possibilities while we have that option.  But in the end it always wins out.  I really like the name Isla (eye-la), but I know I'd have to pronounce it to everyone her entire life, and that's against the rules:).  I also still like Greta. It wouldn't be out of my character to change the name we've chosen, but the more I call her Hattie, the more it suites her, and I already painted that stool, so that's just a hassle:).

Just a few more weeks and we'll be in the 3rd trimester.  I can hardly believe that.  I can't wait to meet her!

3 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah! I love it!!!! It's perfect!!! You have such great taste!!! Can't wait to see what you choose for the bedding. It will be stunning! I need you to come over and help me ;)!

Aja said...

Love the stool! You're right- it does look similar to the rest of your house. You just know what you like! :) Even if you didn't do a bright pattern in the bedding, a shot of color will look great. Can't wait to see it all! And meet Miss Hattie!

Sharstin said...

wow! it is so gorgeous! seriousl love the mirrors and the colors you used!