Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 1



This week has been nothing short of magnificent.  Sure there has been little sleep and much adjustment, but oh my goodness, has it been great.  There is nothing quite like looking at your three kids and knowing who they are, their names and their faces.  I have dreamed of this since I was little.  I have a feeling of completion right now.  A feeling of knowing all of the members of my family (according to our plan...God's may be different).  It's a little weird, I know, but I love it.

Hattie has had three great nights of sleeping.  She wakes up to eat every 2-3 hours, but she's been sleeping hard in between those hours.  The first few nights we were home she didn't want to sleep at all, unless I was holding and nursing her.  The second I put her down she would stir and fuss.  We tried sleeping on her back, a night propped up in a bouncy seat, and have now settled to side sleeping with a wedge...just like the boys.  The wedge wins out.  She likes to be bundled, and I have once again found that the kiddopotomus swaddleme with the side velcro is the best for us.  She's stays nice and cozy all wrapped up in there!

She is eating really well!  We had a rough few first days of nursing, there was some severe pain and bleeding involved.  Dallas rushed out to get a medela shield, and all was better in the world of feeding.  Our pediatrician came for a home visit last week and she was back up to 6lbs.  She had dropped to 5lbs 15ozs in the hospital.  Her jaundice was gone (had been a 5), and everything looked great.  She likes a pacifier every once in a while, but has a hard time keeping it in her mouth.  She's just so tiny!  Barely any of her clothes fit her, so she wears the same things often.  She seems quite content most of the time, and loves to listen to her brothers play and talk to her.  She won't be a light sleeper for sure!

Every night when I am up with her I pray over her and her little life.  I pray that God will capture her heart at an early age and that she will love and serve him.  She is such a blessing and I am so thankful for my Hattie girl!

Hattie Jane, I love you to the moon and back!









Just one problem...I'm not sure if I'm taking enough pictures ;).



2 comments:

Aja said...

Precious girl!! Love these pics!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Oh my goodness, Sarah! She is just beyond beautiful!!!!I love these pictures and I am so glad you guys are doing well. I can't wait to meet her!!! :)