Saturday, October 27, 2012

Birthday boy {Big 3}

We celebrated my cute little Punky's 3rd Birthday last weekend at the pumpkin patch. Yes, it was nearly identical to last years party, and yes, all of the guests (family) were identical as well, minus one (we missed you Evie!).

When I asked Rhett where he wanted to celebrate his big day, he didn't hesitate to let me know he wanted to ride a camel at the pumpkin patch...he did not do that, however, he did ride a "small horse" (pony) named "Glaze" (Blaze).

We celebrated and gave him gifts from us on is actual Birthday when my mom was here.  He got a big boy bike and couldn't have been happier.

Last week Rhett had his 3 year check up and is doing so well.  He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight.  He was 38" tall and weighed 34 lbs.  He was so funny answering all of the doctors questions, and he made him laugh several times.

This sweet little boy is so much fun!  He adds so much spunk to our little family.  He is an adoring little brother and a sweet and loving big brother.  I have loved so much watching him with Hattie.  He rubs her head and talks to her in the cutest high pitch voice I have ever heard.  He wants to be just like his big bubba and follows him around and mimics everything Jude does.  He is loving and kind to everyone.  I have noticed that he is an observer.  He will sit back and watch for quite some time before he is ready to jump in and play or join the fun.  He surveys every situation so he knows just what he's getting into.  When he prays at dinner he almost alway says, "Thank you for this food and a good-night week." He still loves to drink a sippy cup full of milk, and wants to snuggle on the couch while we drink it.  Lately he has been liking to watch Curious George, but he's not that into tv otherwise.  Just this past week he has started laying on his own at night.  Typically either Dallas or I would lay with him until he falls asleep, but he has been doing it on his own successfully:(.  He has been walking right into class on his own, both at church and Mother's Day Out.  No more clinging or tears.  He has long arms and legs like Dallas, and all of his pants and shirts in his size are too short.  He still tells me that he loves me first when I tell him that I love him.  I hope he never stops that.


Rhett James, these past three years have been the best years of my life.  I love being your momma, and I love watching you grow and who you grow into.  You are so special and were fearfully and wonderfully made.  God has big plans for you, Bubba.  I love you to the moon and back!









1 comment:

Aja said...

Happy Birthday Rhett! So sorry we missed your party- looks like it was a blast!