Monday, November 1, 2010

Look at the bright side...

The other day the boys and I were on a walk and we came across a man with one arm mowing a lawn.  He actually mows several lawns in our neighborhood (I find this to be an interesting career choice for someone with only the one arm, but that's neither here nor there)-OOOO-I could turn this into a valuable life-lesson...a person can do anything they put their mind to!  Jude, of course, is very concerned that this man is missing an arm, or as he put it, "has a broke-off arm."  I was trying my darndest to explain what had happened to the missing limb...maybe he was in an accident, or he had a blood clot, or probably he was just born without an arm (or quite possibly he didn't listen to his mom and she broke his arm...too far?).  This went on with a countless amount of questions for some time.  He wanted to know why HE was not born with only one arm and why God would not give this man two arms?  I was mentally drained by the time we reached the cul de sac to turn around and go home.  FINALLY he looked up at me and said, "well, at least he has 2 feet!"  I was shocked with his glass half full attitude!  It's true, things could always be worse:)!

No comments: