Tuesday, February 14, 2012

1,2,3,4, FIVE!!! {Jude's B'day}

We had a little shindig to celebrate at Krispy Kreme Doughnut shop this year.  It was his venue of choice and we invited our little neighbor friends to help us celebrate the big day.


Easiest cake ever



 Plenty of milk for all the kiddos.  

Rhett decorating his donut


Lots of sprinkles for the Birthday boy!  


Krispy Kreme was so wonderful and helpful!  They allowed us to use the kid's corner in the shop for our party and took all 13 kids on a tour of the factory.  The kids got to see the donut making process and touch and feel a lot of the ingredients and the dough.  At the end they got to decorate a donut that they watched get dipped in chocolate.  It was pretty cool...and disgusting.  I may never eat a donut again:). 

My Jude is FIVE, an entire hand of fingers...sigh.  I really can't believe how fast the time has gone by.  He is so big for his britches, so smart and such a handsome little fellow.  He is caring, compassionate, inquisitive and silly.  He is perfect just the way he is and I wouldn't change a thing about him.  I love his quirky personality and that he is very particular about certain things.  His sticktoitiveness will take him far in this life and I'm so very thankful that God gave him to me!

Jude got his gifts from Dallas and I on his actual Birthday.  He desperately wanted some running shoes like Dallas's (you know, because Dallas is the runner around here). We gave him some, and you would never believe how excited he was about these shoes.  I didn't even realize the colors were the same as dad's when I bought them, but Jude was stoked.  I couldn't help but smile and laugh a little when I went into my closet that night to get ready for bed.  This is what I found...


Jude's new shoes nestled right next to Dallas's in our closet.  So sweet.  Love that boy!  

2 comments:

Aja said...

Happy Birthday Jude!!! We love you!
Such a fun party idea for the kids. And how cute are those little shoes next to daddy's???

Sharstin said...

Happy birthday! And what a party, donuts are my fav! Looks like such fun. I love his new running kicks!