Saturday, December 10, 2011

The simple gift of water...

I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink - Matthew 25:35



Hi friends!  

I know that it is Christmas time and so much money is being spent on gifts for our loved ones, but I would love to give you the opportunity to give the gift of water to children and families across the world.  My extended family donates to a charity each year around Christmas time, and this year we are raising money to build a well through Healing Hands International.  They are bringing the gift of fresh drinking water to Ethiopia, Haiti, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Honduras and India.  They are a wonderful organization that not only brings water, but brings the message of Jesus Christ - Hope.  You can check out their work here .


The water crisis in other countries is not something we hear about often in our comfy U.S. bubble.  Even the homeless and poorest of poor have access to water here.  6000 people a day die because they lack access to clean drinking water (90% of them children) in other parts of the world. 850 million people lack access to clean drinking water.   I can't imagine spending my days hauling water, not being able to send my kids to school because I need them to help fetch water, or watching my kids die from dehydration or sickness resulting from drinking contaminated water (a child dies every 15 seconds from water-related issues).  Seeing what I saw in Haiti, my heart breaks for these people.  Watching the reactions of children getting clean water for the first time is breathtaking.  Mothers weeping in their realization that their daily journey to provide water is over.  Unimaginable.  

Please visit the link below to our families well if you are interested and able to give.  Please help us bring water-hope-life to a place where there is none.  All of your donations are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt for your donation.  


Merry Christmas and God Bless! 




No comments: