Friday, December 16, 2011

Breaking the rules...

So, these past two weeks it has been so hard for me to keep the rules that I set for myself nearly 11 weeks ago.  I may have eaten a few cookies and had a sip of champagne at a recent cookie swap...everyone was doing it!  I've also given in, just slightly on the no running rule.  I have been doing intervals on the treadmill, so the most I run at a time is a 1/2 mile.  Why is it so hard for me to resist?

I must say that I can live without the sugar, caffeine and processed food...easy!  It's the running that I'm dying to get back to.  I love it.  I can't explain it, but it makes my day.  I only have 6-8 weeks left!  

I was thumbing through some old pics this past weekend and was thrilled to find some of me and my running partner!  I love her and we will always be running buddies no matter how many miles are between us!  We have run 1/2 marathons in Dallas and Austin and run several local 15k's together.  We have an annual tradition to run a Thanksgiving run together every year when they are in town visiting for the holidays.  We even ran a race on her wedding day...the entire bridal party wearing t-shirts that said something like, "running Sarah to the alter".  It was so much fun, and I'm so thankful to have a friend to share this amazing hobby with.  Love her!




Ice pelleting, deer jumping Austin half

Thanksgiving Hog Jog 2005

1 comment:

Sharstin said...

running buddies are the best! so fun~